Oldham County Sign Regulations
The purpose of sign regulation is to promote a healthy business climate by encouraging the effective use of signs, to maintain and enhance the aesthetic environment of the county, and to promote the safety of persons and property by requiring that signs do not create traffic hazards.
A sign permit shall be obtained prior to the construction or erection of any allowable sign.
Information needed on the application include:
- Name, address and telephone number of the applicant.
- Name, address and signature of the owner of property on which the sign is to be located.
- The location, size, height and type of each existing sign to remain on the property.
- A site plan of the property on which the sign is to be erected showing property lines, existing structures, right-of-way lines and proposed location of the sign.
- A drawing of the proposed sign showing display area dimensions, height of sign, and information to be conveyed on sign.
- The estimated cash value of the sign.
Fees apply with application.